Passports and Visas
The language courses which consist of less than 18 CLOCK HOURS per week are not considered full-time academic studies.

Residents of the US or individuals entering the US on a visa waiver, a tourist visa or a business visa may take a language course of less than 18 hours during their tourism visit to the USA. TLA is authorized under federal law to enroll nonimmigrant alien students.

ESTA Applications

ESTA is a free, automated system used to determine the eligibility of visitors to travel to the U.S. under the VWP. It requires the same information as the paper I-94W form that VWP travelers currently fill out en route to the U.S. ESTA applications may be completed online at The ESTA Web site, including the help section, is currently available in 16 languages, though all application responses must be provided in English.

ESTA applications may be submitted at any time prior to travel. Once approved, an ESTA authorization generally will be valid for up to two years or until the applicant’s passport expires, whichever comes first. Authorizations will be valid for multiple entries into the U.S. DHS recommends that ESTA applications be submitted as soon as an applicant begins making travel plans. If you need assistance completing an application, a friend, relative, personnel in the travel industry, or other third parties may file an application on your behalf.

Apply Now!

To qualify for a student visa, students must be enrolled in a full-time course of studies (18 hours per week or more) or must be traveling to the US for the sole purpose of studying. Eligible students must provide a proof of financial responsibility (bank statement or sponsor's letter and pay for the registration and full course, if the course is less than 4 weeks.

Transfer Service
If you wish, we can arrange for you to be met at the Miami or Fort Lauderdale airport upon arrival. Our transfer service will take you to your accommodation. Please complete the enrollment form if you need information about this service. We will only provide this service upon confirmation of your full flight information at least 7 days prior to your arrival.

Car Rental
We can assist you with a car rental during your stay in Florida. Your car will be available for pick-up at the airport upon arrival. Area maps are supplied at the car rental counters for your convenience.

Miami & Fort Lauderdale International Airports
From Miami Airport, the "Super Shuttle" will take you to your destination. The shuttle service may be found outside all bagage claim areas. From Fort Lauderdale airport you can hire a cab to your hotel or apartment. We will send you your full address information and directions. Taxi fares from Fort Lauderdale airport are reasonable and should cost approximately $15.

Insurance and Personal Security
Hollywood Bordwalk
We advise you to insure your personal possessions and to arrange insurance against accident and loss, before you come to America. You can deposit money in the school bank account for safe-keeping until you need it, or our staff will help you open your own private bank account.

Medical treatment can be very
expensive in the United States. Insurance can be arranged through the school for doctor's visits or urgent hospital treatment for a nominal amount per month. The Administrator of the Academy will assist you in making appointments with doctors or dentists if you need treatment during your stay. If you have any problems during your stay, please discuss them with us.


The Language Academy
The Language Academy - 200 South Andrews Avenue, Suite 401. Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
Phone: 954.462.8373, Fax: 954.462.3738 Email: